If you are wishing to learn to play a piano in the comfort of your own home then normally you can arrange to have a piano tutor come to your home in order to do this. But if you do want to learn piano at home then you must take into consideration the cost factors associated with having private lessons. Some people actually consider private lessons to be a waste of time and money.
Many people when they are first considering learning how to play a piano will find that there are a number of different ways in which they can learn. They can either teach themselves through the use of a book, or they can have private lessons either in the comfort of their own home or at the teacher’s studio. Or if they want they can use online lessons or go to a music school and take part in group lessons instead. But which ever method they choose to use for learning to play the piano each one comes with its own inherent advantages and disadvantages. However in this particular article we will be taking a closer look at what are the advantages and disadvantages of having private lessons in your own home.
So what are the advantages to be gained from having private lessons?
1) It allows you to have your lessons in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
2) Will save you time as you do not need to travel to and from the teacher’s lesson location.
3) It allows you do things in your own way so if you stop for a cup of tea half way through the lesson then you can make it just the way you like it.
But as well as the advantages there are some disadvantages that are often associated with people having private piano lessons in their own homes.
1) You may well find that you become easily distracted when your lessons are taking place. Especially if the phone starts ringing or your children or neighbors are making too much noise. Plus any kind of distraction is likely to affect the way in which you retain the information you are being provided with during your lessons so you will find it more difficult and will take you longer to learn how to play the piano.
2) You may find that your lessons get delayed because your tutor is unable to get to you on time because they find themselves stuck in traffic on the way to you.
3) You will need to ensure that you have a good quality piano that is in tune otherwise you will find that your lessons will not be of benefit to you if everything you play is completely out of tune.
4) The cost of having private lessons in the comfort of your own home is very expensive and you will need to commit to be available for them at certain times of the time for a certain amount of time.
However if you are looking to learn piano at home then it may be wiser to actually visit your piano teacher at theirs rather than yours. Simply they will be geared to ensure that no distractions etc. will get in the way of them teaching you how to play the piano.
Read More Article:
Click here to know more about ThePianoClass